Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Cotton Baby

How do you encourage a creative, artistic spirit in your baby, toddler or young child?

My Daughter, Willow (11 mo), is my little Cotton Baby. She has brought nothing but joy and laughter to our entire family in a time of great need.  Just after I found out I was pregnant, my mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.  She went through chemo, surgery, radiation and reconstruction. Just after my mom finished her chemo, Willow was born.  It was finally a happy time for the family.  Two weeks after she was born, my mom had surgery.  She could not hold Willow for nearly a month.  It was really hard for her to see this baby every day, and not be able to hold her.  However, Willow gave my mom, and the rest of the family, the drive to keep going.  After many battles for my family, my mom is Cancer free and the family is getting back on our feet.  Willow has brought us so much joy and happiness.  I figure that after how much she did for the family's hearts, she was definitely brought here at the right time.  Being a teenage mother hasn't always been easy.  But I LOVE my "job".  I encourage Willow to laugh, dance, sing, and play each day.  We get out pots and pans, pianos and xylophones and dance to whatever beat she makes. You never really know how much time you have to do these things.  Willow and I dance and sing, usually to Bob Marley or some oldies each day.  We sing songs and enjoy the outdoors and our animals.  She is learning to love people and the earth around her.  She is now at the age where she is willing to learn anything we have to offer her.  We have decided that as Willow grows, she will learn the true values of life... to be thankful, honest, and loving.  She has the potential to be anyone she wants to be and more.
Willow wearing her Blossom Flip

No comments:

Post a Comment